Sandals Bahamas deaths: Police verify carbon monoxide poisoning killed 3 American vacationers

0
25

NEWNow you can hearken to Each day Submit articles!

The three American vacationers discovered useless at an all-inclusive Sandals resort within the Bahamas in early Might “died as a result of asphyxiation due to carbon monoxide poisoning,” police have confirmed. 

Michael Phillips, 68, Robbie Phillips, 65, of Tennessee, and Vincent Chiarella, 64, of Florida, had been discovered unresponsive at Sandals Emerald Bay in Nice Exuma on Might 6. 

“We can officially confirm that all three of the victims died as a result of asphyxiation due to carbon monoxide poisoning,” the Royal Bahamas Police Drive stated in a press release to the media this week. “This matter remains under active investigation.” 

Nonetheless, the supply of the carbon monoxide leak stays unclear. 

Robbie and Michael Phillips, two of the victims discovered dead on May 6 at Sandals Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, Bahamas. Samples extracted from the couple and a Florida resident who also died have been sent to a U.S. lab for testing. 

Robbie and Michael Phillips, two of the victims found useless on Might 6 at Sandals Emerald Bay in Nice Exuma, Bahamas. Samples extracted from the couple and a Florida resident who additionally died have been despatched to a U.S. lab for testing. 
(Fb/Thesandalslady)

WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING, A QUIET KILLER 

SEE ALSO:
George Floyd loss of life: Ex-Minnesota law enforcement officials discovered responsible of violating Floyd's rights

“Despite initial speculation, Bahamian authorities have concluded that the cause was an isolated incident in one standalone structure that housed two individual guest rooms and was in no way linked to the resort’s air conditioning system, food and beverage service, landscaping services or foul play,” Sandals stated in a press release obtained by Each day Submit Digital in late Might. 

The pool area of the Sandals Emerald Bay resort.

The pool space of the Sandals Emerald Bay resort.
(Photograph by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Photos for Sandals)

 

“In addition, CO detectors have now been placed in all guest rooms at Sandals Emerald Bay and although not mandated in any Caribbean destination where we operate, detectors will be installed in all guest rooms throughout the portfolio,” the assertion added.   

The beach area at the Sandals Emerald Bay resort.

The seaside space on the Sandals Emerald Bay resort.
(Photograph by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Photos for Sandals)

Donnis Chiarella, 65, the lone survivor of the Sandals Bahamas incident, was discharged from HCA Florida Kendall Hospital in Miami after spending a number of weeks there. 

SEE ALSO:
Kyiv, battered by Russian shelling, to welcome 3 European prime ministers earlier than 35-hour curfew takes impact

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here